Modeling is a career that tends to dominate the news, the internet, and alike. From reports on fashion shows, to advice for making it in the industry, to interviews with the hottest stars; it is a field of work that generates a lot of interest and attention – even from those who are not directly involved in it.
However, if truth be told, male models are a little bit hard done by. Men’s fashion shows have only just started to be reported on in greater depth. Nevertheless, there is an evident lack of advice and guidance available on the internet for those who wish to make it as a male model. This is especially when you compare it with the advice available for female models. But don’t worry; as that is where this blog post comes into play. Read on to discover the top five professional tips for male models in the industry today.
- You need to have a versatile portfolio – Your portfolio is your most important thing. It is your resume. You need to show that you can handle anything that is thrown at you and the only way to do this is through a collection of versatile shots. You have to have two headshots; one with a smile. You also need to have two full body shots as well – one taken from the front and one profile. Aside from this, the rest is up to you. However, remember to show your range and only include something if it is of the highest standard.
- Find the right agency – You need to find an agency who has a good record for matching their clients to successful opportunities. However, you also have to find an agency that represents you well in the sense that their main goals are your main goals.
- Having the right attitude – It is not just about having the looks, you have to have the right attitude as well. Your personality is what will make you stand out from the crowd. Stay true to yourself and you will flourish. However, there are some key attributes all top models need to have. You have got to be patient; you aren’t going to hear a ‘yes’ every single time. You also need to have self-confidence; if you don’t believe in yourself then why should anyone else?
- Physical preparation – When you land your first job you need to do all of the preparation to ensure you look your best. You will need your eight hours of sleep. Bags or dark circles under the eyes are a massive no! Make sure you are clean from head to foot. Plenty of water the day before your shoot is also highly recommended. You may also want to consider HGH as you get older.
- What makes you different? – You have to set yourself apart if you really want to make it in the competitive world of modeling today. Is it your signature pose? Is it your attitude? Is it a particular facial feature? Is it the look you have got going on? If it is a physical feature then you don’t really have to do the hard work, but if it’s not then it is a skill you will need to acquire.