Get Organized- More Family Bonding
I am the worst organizer in the world I think. My house is always in ciaos. Things don’t have a place and my son doesn’t help matters. My main issue is that I don’t have a lot of storage in my house. I don’t think I have a lot of “junk” either just things are always a mess. One of my goals this year is to get my house organized. I find that if things are picked up I am less frustrated and things don’t set me off. So here are some things I found that can get me started in the right direction.
Space the work
- Don’t think about the overall picture or you will get overwhelmed. I try to do 15 min per day. Now I know that doesn’t sound like much but think of what you can get done in 15 of uninterrupted time. You will be surprised that 15 min can turn into 30 min or an hour.
- This would be a good time to get your kids involved. Make it fun for them to pick up their room or put toys away. Ask your husband to help, which I know is am impossible task at time, or have a friend come over that enjoys organizing. It’s okay to ask for the help.
- It’s okay to give yourself a reward for finishing a task. I would however make the reward small. My reward is asking my husband to watch our son so I can have 30 of “me” time either away from the house or locked in the bedroom.
Finding your bills
- If you are like me your mail is everywhere so when I need to find a bill to pay it takes me 30 mins and lots of frustration to find it. I have a shelf as you walk into my house that is a catch all for everything and normally that is where the bills are buried. Fine a special place to put those bills so they are in one spot and easy to find.
If you have an organized home you have an organized life. It helps take the stress off of having to do it all at one time. Once you get organized it’s just maintaining from there. You also get to spend more time bonding with your family. You can do it. I can do it. I know how it makes me feel to have a clean and organized house and it’s wonderful. I am happy and mentally healthy when it happens. Why not experience that too?
Need some tools to help you?
is a great site to get space saver ideas and supplies. Get your life uncluttered Now.
Get Organized Nowhas some great reference book to help for any occasion that may come up. From home/office to holidays. These can help you be stress free.
- What To Do When Experiencing Pain - May 31, 2023
- Solutions For Dental Issues As You Get Older - May 31, 2023
- Eight Reasons You’re Not Getting Enough Sleep At Night - May 30, 2023
3 thoughts on “Get Organized- More Family Bonding”
HA oddly enough I keep my office pretty clean and organized, my home life is totally opposite. Get to cleaning up.
I need to do a better job organizing my desk, i have a unique organizing system for it and clean it every 3-4 days but i got post its, note pad, stuff i have received and need to send out , think ill start spending 15 min a day cleaning it so i don’t have a big mess in 3-4 days like i do now 🙂 and reorganize my storage area for files to make it flow better.
.-= Chris Bernardo´s last blog ..20 Ways to Engage Your Fans and Get Responses =-.
Of course, you can always call in a professional!
The National Association of Professional Organizers will hook you up with lots of us in your area.
We are friendly, non-judgmental and extremely helpful!
-Nonnahs Driskill, Get Organized Already (in Los Angeles)
Comments are closed.