Get Organized- More Family Bonding
I am the worst organizer in the world I think. My house is always in ciaos. Things don’t have a place and my son doesn’t help matters. My main issue is that I don’t have a lot of storage in my house. I don’t think I have a lot of “junk” either just things are always a mess. One of my goals this year is to get my house organized. I find that if things are picked up I am less frustrated and things don’t set me off. So here are some things I found that can get me started in the right direction.
Space the work
- Don’t think about the overall picture or you will get overwhelmed. I try to do 15 min per day. Now I know that doesn’t sound like much but think of what you can get done in 15 of uninterrupted time. You will be surprised that 15 min can turn into 30 min or an hour.
- This would be a good time to get your kids involved. Make it fun for them to pick up their room or put toys away. Ask your husband to help, which I know is am impossible task at time, or have a friend come over that enjoys organizing. It’s okay to ask for the help.
- It’s okay to give yourself a reward for finishing a task. I would however make the reward small. My reward is asking my husband to watch our son so I can have 30 of “me” time either away from the house or locked in the bedroom.
Finding your bills
- If you are like me your mail is everywhere so when I need to find a bill to pay it takes me 30 mins and lots of frustration to find it. I have a shelf as you walk into my house that is a catch all for everything and normally that is where the bills are buried. Fine a special place to put those bills so they are in one spot and easy to find.
If you have an organized home you have an organized life. It helps take the stress off of having to do it all at one time. Once you get organized it’s just maintaining from there. You also get to spend more time bonding with your family. You can do it. I can do it. I know how it makes me feel to have a clean and organized house and it’s wonderful. I am happy and mentally healthy when it happens. Why not experience that too?
Need some tools to help you?
is a great site to get space saver ideas and supplies. Get your life uncluttered Now.
Get Organized Nowhas some great reference book to help for any occasion that may come up. From home/office to holidays. These can help you be stress free.
Latest posts by Karla Urwitz (see all)
- 3 Important Skills For Kids to Learn Outside of the Classroom - November 29, 2022
- How to Improve Your Lifestyle with Healthy Eating - November 28, 2022
- Tips For Pursuing A Career In Education - November 28, 2022