How To Build A Bar For Your Back Garden
According to a recent study, approximately 6 million homeowners in the UK built ‘outdoor entertainment areas’ during the pandemic. This is hardly surprising, as DIY became one of the most popular pastimes. Whatsmore, now that we can socialize freely again, it’s nice to have these spaces to rely on – especially during the summer months.
If you’re a little late to the game, don’t worry. There are still plenty of ways to transform your garden in time for the summer sunshine! For example, you could turn your old shed into a backyard bar!
What are the benefits of having a backyard bar?
The main benefit of a backyard bar is the social aspect. It’s the perfect venue for entertaining guests, hosting backyard events, or even celebrating a special occasion such as a birthday or engagement. This can save you a lot of money when it comes to party planning, as you’ll never again be faced with the cost of hiring out a venue.
Here are some top tips to get you started!
- Put together a clear plan. The first step towards pulling off any renovation project is having a distinctive vision in mind, alongside a clear plan of the steps you need to take to get there. For example, if you weren’t planning on using an old shed, you’ll need to get supplies to build a space you can turn into a bar. You may also need to enlist the help of an electrician so that you have power in your bar without carrying out any dangerous work that you are not qualified for.
- Think about the finer details. A great home bar requires a lot of careful planning, especially when it comes to creating a space that is comfortable and welcoming. It’s not enough to simply buy the right furniture and hope for the best. For example, when setting up the bar area, there are various ‘finer details’ to focus on. For example, you might want to spend some time finding the right bar stool height or considering which lighting will create the kind of atmosphere you are craving.
- Get your hands on the right tools. Part of the fun of building a bar in your back garden is getting your hands dirty and trying out some DIY. However, if you’re a novice in the area, you must do plenty of research ahead of time to understand what is expected of you. You must also ensure you have access to the tools every DIY pro should own, such as bolt cutters, Electronic Stud Finders, and Safety Glasses.
- Have a clear budget in mind. Budgeting is the most effective method for living a better financial life, but it can also save you a lot of stress when carrying out a DIY project. This is because it enables you to make smarter financial decisions so that your spurt of creativity will not drain your savings. For example, if you fear you are about to go over budget on supplies, you could look for another vendor or see if they offer discounts for bulk-buying products.
- Keep a clear mind when the stress hits. Managing your stress levels is essential if you want to survive a home renovation project, whether you’re building the bar alone or getting the whole family involved in the project. Remember to always operate with safety in mind – not speed. While you may want to get the bar up and running (or pouring) sooner rather than later, rushing the project could put your safety at risk. It will also mean the bar doesn’t look as good as it could! Be sure to take plenty of breaks when you need one, especially if you feel the stress creeping in.
- Choose a fun theme for your bar. Once you’ve constructed your bar, it’s time to think about how you want to decorate the space. As with any project, the best way to do this is to have a clear theme in mind. For example, do you want to recreate a typical British pub, complete with an array of fun bar signs? Alternatively, if you’re looking for a space to watch the game, why not create a sports bar? This gives you the perfect chance to show off your collectible sports memorabilia (or buy some) – you could also invest in a quality dartboard to keep your guests entertained when halftime rolls around. If you’re looking for a more simplistic way to decorate your bar, why not hang your favorite family photographs and memories? This is a great way to add a personal touch to the space.
- Stock your bar for everyone. Stocking your bar can be a lot of fun, especially if you want to get creative and learn how to make cocktails. However, you should remember that some guests may not want to drink alcohol. As such, it’s worthwhile to have non-alcoholic alternatives in place too. This way, everyone can make the most out of the bar! If you’re looking to stock up your bar on your budget, do your research to find which shops or online stores have the best possible deals. Again, bulk buying can be a great way to save money.
- Put together a bar playlist. Whenever you enter a bar or pub, music is likely to be playing in the background. This is because it helps to create a fun atmosphere for patrons. As a result, you should make sure that music is always playing in your own bar too. While you can tune into the radio, constant adverts are sure to interrupt your experience. You can remedy this by putting together a killer playlist on which you can stick wherever you have guests. Alternatively, you could create a collaborative playlist that your friends can contribute to when they arrive. This could be a great way to discover your next favorite song!
Latest posts by Karla Urwitz (see all)
- 3 Important Skills For Kids to Learn Outside of the Classroom - November 29, 2022
- How to Improve Your Lifestyle with Healthy Eating - November 28, 2022
- Tips For Pursuing A Career In Education - November 28, 2022