Happy Healthy Wednesday- Green Pan Review
Yeah I know.. Normally I post these on Monday but I just have been so swamped with life. So I am killing two birds with one stone. I am going to give you a great review of a great piece of cookware and a recipe in which you can use it. What a healthy combination.
First, I was honored to receive the Original Green Pan to review. This thing is outstanding. The Original Green Pan is on a mission to help support the global challenges of living in our society. A healthy and happy life in an enjoyable environment is our biggest goal. GreenPan™ commits to this, and invests 100% in research towards healthy and eco-friendly technologies.
In 2007 GreenPan™ was ready to take off and succeed in bringing to the market the first healthy, eco-friendly non stick pots and pans with the revolutionary PTFE/PFOA-free coating Thermolon.
I received a professional fry pan from their Copenhagen Collection. This pan is a great quality fry pan. It’s so heavy I could arm myself with it. Here are some highlights:
Healthy and eco-friendly:
- With Thermolon™ non-stick
technology; A natural, non-stick mineral-based coating.
- No potentially dangerous chemicals
inside: It’s completely PTFE-free and contains no silicone oil.
- Manufactured without PFOA and
applied in an environmentally friendly way, resulting in 60 % less CO 2
- Heat resistant up to high
temperatures. If you accidentally overheat your pan, even up to 450°C/850°F, no
toxic fumes will be released and the coating will not blister or peel
- Use of up-cycled aluminum for the
pan and up-cycled stainless steel for the handles.
- Eco-friendly construction. The flat side on the wall of the pans makes
it possible to provide each item of the range with an identical handle,
resulting in less tooling and less waste.
- Easy recycling: handles are made of up-cycled materials and have an
ingenious design that makes it possible to dissemble the handle and fix it on to
a new body. In that way it receives a second life.
Easy, convenient and great performance:
- The heavy gauge aluminium and the
ThermolonTM interior provide perfect heat distribution, allowing even cooking
and excellent browning without the risk of any hot spots.
- Thanks to this Thermolon™
technology, the coating acts like an insulator that retains heat, moisture and
flavors. These are sealed in and give you great results when preparing food.
frying surface: not only useful but also eco-friendly: less material for the
- Oven safe ergonomic stainless steel
handles, with finger grips.
They have everything you need for your kitchen including a sylish apron. They have a new cast iron grill that I would love get someday. I am always trying to change my carbon footprint!
Now here is a great receipe to use with your Green Pan fry pan.
Apricot Chicken with Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds chicken breast tenderloins, cut into bite-size pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large onion, chopped (optional)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar, or to taste
- 20 dried apricots
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet with a lid over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, and cook in the hot oil until golden brown around the edges, but still pink in the center, about 5 minutes. Stir in the onion, and cook for about 3 minutes more. Pour in the balsamic vinegar, bring it to a simmer, and allow it to reduce for a few minutes.
- Cut half of the apricots in half, leaving the others whole. Place the apricots into the skillet, and pour in the chicken stock. Bring to a simmer, then stir in the apricot preserves and thyme. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the apricots have softened, 10 to 15 minutes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley to serve.
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Amount Per Serving
- Total Fat: 6.4g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Sodium: 212mg
- Total Carbs: 44.6g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.4g
- Protein: 25.1g
Weight Watcher’s Plus Points=9