Five Ways to Boost Your Metabolism
Our metabolism will fluctuate through out our life, as will it’s affect on our weight. As teens, our metabolism is often at an all time high, meaning we can eat what we want, and not worry about putting on those extra pounds. As we age, our metabolism tends to slow, and without a change in our diet or lifestyle, it’s easy to gain unwanted weight. For those who are not active in sports or a regular exercise regimen, these affects can be even more extreme. If you want to get your metabolism back up to speed, there are a few simple changes you can make to give it a boost. Not only will you have more energy, you’ll also find your diet to be more effective.
1) Get a good night’s sleep: it may not sound important, but a recent study has proven that individuals who sleep around five hours a night weigh more than those who got seven. Seven to eight hours sleep is essential for good health, for a number of reasons. Make sure you get the right amount of sleep each and every night; you’ll be doing yourself, and your health, a big favor.
2) Take the time to eat breakfast: it’s so easy to skip breakfast in the morning. No matter what lifestyle you lead, there are a million reasons to rush out of the door in the morning. This is, as they say, the most important meal of the day, so make sure you make the time for it. Breakfast kick starts your metabolism for the day, which is why you should choose a balanced meal that will give you the fuel you need.
3) Reduce stress levels: whether it’s our job, our kids, our relationships, or just financial worries, stress takes it’s toll on our every day life. This impact is particularly strong on your metabolism. Although it’s hard to avoid stress all together, taking a few minutes each day to calm and collect yourself can help your metabolism.
4) Get up and keep moving: for most of us, we spend the majority of the day sitting. Often this is because our job has us sitting, such as at a desk, most of the day, five days a week. When we sit our enzymes become useless, which are what capture fat in our blood. By standing and moving around when ever possible, you can easily double your calorie burning per day, and avoid the feeling of exhaustion that makes the work day so long. Any chance you have, whether it be a phone call, or even on your lunch break, if you keep moving, your metabolism will too.
5) Losing work out and exercise motivation: particularly for those dieting, you may feel your work out regimen becomes less and less effective the closer you get to your goal weight. This is simply because the more muscle you obtain, the less fat there is to burn. Don’t get frustrated and give up, instead, change up your work out and try new things. This will help exercise other parts of your body and increase your motivation, also keeping your metabolism at it’s prime.
This post was written by Holly Adams from CouponCroc.co.uk, where you can get Boots discount codes and other health related deals.
- Summer Vacation: Things to Consider - March 27, 2023
- Cooking Up Quality Time with the Clan - March 27, 2023
- A Guide To Help Improve Your Sleep Quality - March 23, 2023
3 thoughts on “Five Ways to Boost Your Metabolism”
You offered some really great tips here in this blog today! Thanks a lot for sharing this insight and reminding us all the different ways our metabolisms are affected.
Angela´s last blog post ..Not as Bad as I Expected
Those are some great tips for increasing your metabolism. I know I need to work on getting more sleep…lol…and well reducing stress too! 🙂 Great motivation post, thanks!
I’ve spent far too much of the past year inside and behind a desk. Working on the internet is fun, but I miss getting outside and moving around. I think it’s much better for my mood and just feeling good too.
I’m in the process of setting up some other things for me to do during the day that will get me out of the house and moving around more. I’m sure I’ll not only feel better, but be in better shape, too.
Comments are closed.