Time Management Tools
Time Management is important these days. Not only does it help lead a healthy stress-free life, but it all give us more family time. Here are some Time Management tools that might help.
While technology is at its most advanced state today, there remains to be a lot of things to juggle for a typical career-oriented individual. For most family-oriented people, there is the burden of juggling work, career, family and other factors involved in one’s social life.
The answer is Time Management. Most successful people are often asked about what their secret to success is. And more often than not, they have the same response, and that is “time management”. However, although this is almost an expected response, many are still baffled at how time management really works.
Time management is simply the proper allocation of your time. First, the priorities have to be arranged according to urgency and importance. For example, the important parts of your life are career, your son, your home, your art, and your family. You have to know which one to drop first whenever you need to do something.
After that, you will need help from some time management tools designed to aid you in the correct process of prioritization AND remembering that order.
- There are a lot of people who need lots of reminders when it comes to taking care of small businesses. Often, they are too small that they are disregarded as unimportant. If you are one of them, buy some quick-and-easy reminders. What’s good about technology is you can probably put a reminder just about everywhere! Cellular phones nowadays have built-in organizers, post-its are available in different variants, and even the good old refrigerator door magnets have come in a lot of forms. What is important is that the frequency of the reminding is now being increased. This is good for time management because it keeps you aware of the things which you have to do especially if they’re urgent. I would recommend getting an iTouch or iPhone which has an excellent reminder feature on it. Plus there are apps that will help.
The Organizer + Watch Tandem
- These are staples for just about every busybody and parent. An organizer is something that holds your appointments and it’s also a tiny little space for some writing. I recommend the MomAgenda organizer. These are not only stylish but exactly what is needed for time management. Busybodies usually have contact numbers of random people they meet, gifts for a not-so-relevant birthday party that he has to go to or some sudden brilliant ideas that come to mind. For these and more, you will need an organizer. It has to be a little notebook, just enough to fit in a handbag, and should be made of durable material. You must bring your organizer with you every day, in case you need to list something down as a reminder.
- The perfect complement to an organizer is a high-quality watch. You may have experienced running late for an appointment just because your watch didn’t work well. What’s worse is that the person you’re meeting wouldn’t even believe you. This blunder can easily be avoided. Just get a high quality watch. Having a good sense of time is practically the first step in time management.
The Perfect Mindset
- It’s pressuring to know that you have a lot of things in your hands and it seems like you can‘t even do anything about it. Don’t tip over. Stress is not a way to live a healthy life. Make sure to schedule “Me” time to decompress. Your family will benefit from it.
- Try to keep a “be on your toes” kind of mindset as you maneuver your way into your busy life. Sure, there are times when you distance yourself from your organizer. For some, it is a painful reminder of the busy life they lead. It’s perfectly alright to feel some form of eternal urgency but take some time off once in a while. You must never neglect yourself in your list of priorities.
Still need more help?
Check out The Action Machine’s 9 min video. With a click of the mouse The Action Machine will give you a list of tasks to be done and a timeline to finish them. Who wouldn’t want to get things done faster and spend that time with your family? I suggest to check out the free 9 minute video and decide for yourself.
Latest posts by Karla Urwitz (see all)
- 3 Important Skills For Kids to Learn Outside of the Classroom - November 29, 2022
- How to Improve Your Lifestyle with Healthy Eating - November 28, 2022
- Tips For Pursuing A Career In Education - November 28, 2022