Quick Healthy Dinner Ideas – Grilling Style
Summer is in full effect so that means grillers have commenced with their cooking skills. We are a huge grilling family so if it can be grilled you better believe it will be. We are also trying to be a bit healthier in the process. So I thought I would tell you about some grilling products that I think would make a great quick healthy dinner ideas.
Hormel Natural Choice Chicken Sausage
These yummy delights come in 3 robust flavors that are 100% natural with no preservatives or artificial ingredients.
- Apple Gouda- 170 calories, 9g fat, and 14g of protein
- Spinach Asiago- 140 calories, 9g fat, and 14g of protein
- Jalapeno Cheddar- 160 calories, 11g fat, and 14g of protein
These are great alternatives to a fatty bratwurst and would be a fast cook if you only have a short amount of time to eat. A great recipe idea if you had more time would to make a Jambalaya and use one of these chicken sausages instead of kielbasa.
Here is a great recipe that will only take you 30 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to good. My quick healthy dinner idea would be to prepare it the night before so you only have to wait 30 minutes to eat this yummy dish.
Hormel Ham Kabobs
- 1 tablespoon Cure 81® Boneless Ham, cut into cubes
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into squares
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
Alternately thread ham, bell peppers, tomatoes and pineapple onto each of 6 skewers. Baste with barbecue sauce. Grill kabobs, brushing frequently with barbecue sauce, 15 to 20 minutes.
How quick is that?!? I would love to add some onion and my hubby would love to add mushrooms. I am marking this one down on my to make list for sure.
Do you have a favorite hot dog recipe that can be turned into a quick healthy dinner idea?
Latest posts by Karla Urwitz (see all)
- After-School Baking Projects To Get Into With The Kids - November 22, 2022
- How Employers Can Show Their Appreciation to Employees – 4 Great Ideas - November 21, 2022
- Helping Your Teen Learn How To Cook - November 21, 2022