I love AllRecipes.com. They have such a great variety of recipes and most are added by users of the site. I also love they list nutritional values on some of them. Another nice thing is there is a spot to put your comments about the recipe. I have found recipes that people have commented about tweaks they have made that make the recipe even better or easier. You know I love easy!
Spooky Witches Fingers
- 1 cup butftened , so
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon extract
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup whole almonds
- 1 (.75 ounce) tube red decorating gel
- Combine the butter, sugar, egg, almond extract, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl. Beat together with an electric mixer; gradually add the flour, baking powder, and salt, continually beating; put in fridge for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 . Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Remove dough from fridge in small amounts. Scoop 1 heaping teaspoon at a time onto a piece of waxed paper. Use the waxed paper to roll the dough into a thin finger-shaped cookie. Press one almond into one end of each cookie to give the appearance of a long fingernail. Squeeze cookie near the tip and again near the center of each to give the impression of knuckles. You can also cut into the dough with a sharp knife at the same points to help give a more finger-like appearance. Arrange the shaped cookies on the baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the cookies are slightly golden in color, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the almond from the end of each cookie; squeeze a small amount of red decorating gel into the cavity; replace the almond to cause the gel to ooze out around the tip of the cookie.
If you are wondering about nutritional value, check out allrecipes.com for the full scoop. These are pretty low calorie cookies.
Latest posts by Karla Bond (see all)
- Doing What’s Best For Your Health - December 14, 2018
- Five Amazing Ways that Essential Oils can Improve our Skin - December 12, 2018
- 13 Fun Sensory Play Activities You Can Do at Home - October 30, 2018