I love bacon so much that it needs to be a food group all of it’s own! This summer I have been eating a ton of BLT’s. I have 4 tomato plants in my garden that are growing like mad. What makes it really simple for me is Hormel has this pre-cooked bacon. Now I like my bacon a touch on the crisp side so I cook it for about a minute to give it a good crunch. Super easy and super fast. Now what else could you use the food group bacon for? Here are a couple recipes I found that look awesome.
Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies (These are to DIE for)
1 pound sliced bacon, cut into thirds
1 (14 ounce) package beef cocktail wieners
3/4 cup brown sugar, or to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Refrigerate 2/3 of the bacon until needed. It is easier to wrap the wieners with cold bacon. Wrap each cocktail wiener with a piece of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Place on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle brown sugar generously over all.
3. Bake for 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until the sugar is bubbly. To serve, place the wieners in a slow cooker and keep on the low setting.
Remember an easy way to wrap both of these is to use Hormel pre-cooked bacon. Makes cooking easy which is what I need!!
This post was part of the Hormel Extended Blogger Family
Latest posts by Karla Bond (see all)
- Visiting Branson Soon? Special Offer - March 23, 2018
- Could You Be Taking Better Care Of Yourself? Seven Ways To Do It - March 21, 2018
- Spring Wardrobe Inspo: Everything You Need To Know - March 16, 2018