Six Ways to Get Rid of Stress
It seems as if people are more overcommitted now than they ever have been and that can easily lead to feeling frazzled or just downright stressed to the max. Although some stress is a good thing it becomes dangerous if it consumes you and you are constantly feeling stressed. Fortunately though, there are some things you can do to help relieve stress and become more relaxed – even if only for a short time.
- Take a Walk. Walking is a great stress reliever because it gets your blood flowing and your body moving. You’ll find that you can clear your head with a bit of exercise. If walking bores you you could always try a new activity such as bouncing on a Needak Rebounder or swimming laps in a pool. Physical activity releases endorphins in your brain which are also known as “feel good” hormones.
- Take a Bath. Submersing your body into a bathtub filled with warm or even hot water is a good way to relax your body and your mind. The heat from the water will help your muscles relax and you’ll feel less tense. This will also help your mind to relax and loosen up a bit. Try lighting candles or listening to music that calms you for added stress relief.
- Get a Massage. Many people tend to think that getting massages is too overindulgent but they’re clearly not. Whether you go to a spa for a massage or get a massage from a friend or loved one you’ll feel much more relaxed during your massage and after it’s over. You could even return the favor by giving a massage which can also help reduce stress levels.
- Go for a Drive. Some people find driving to be a very calming especially if you live outside the city. Driving on the open road listening to your favorite music can put in a happy place and help you get rid of stress. If you don’t have your own vehicle, consider riding your bike or taking a bus ride.
- Get More Sleep. Sleep is our body’s way of recovering and rebuilding in order to prepare us for the following day. If you aren’t getting enough rest you can easily become stressed. Try to get about 8 hours of sleep each night to help you feel refreshed in the morning and ready to face the day.
- Spend Time with Your Pet. Household pets have a way of making us feel better by just having them around. Curl up with your pet and take some time to relax either by just laying with them or you could read or listen to music at the same time.
Life isn’t as simple as it used to be. There are so many stressors that each of us face in our day to day lives but it’s always a good idea to take some time for ourselves. Try to take some time for yourself each day – even if only for 10 minutes – and you’ll see how easy it can be to reduce or even get rid of stress.
Article by http://www.needakusa.com/.
- Summer Vacation: Things to Consider - March 27, 2023
- Cooking Up Quality Time with the Clan - March 27, 2023
- A Guide To Help Improve Your Sleep Quality - March 23, 2023
3 thoughts on “Six Ways to Get Rid of Stress”
Hi there Karla
looking down your list…I think I have done most of that this week!!
Actually, most of it was following physical exercise! Spent two days solid in providing some temporary help to my Church gardens, so got my exercise, then spent an hour soaked in a bath! Was I stressed, no. Just aching from the effort!
Love your blog. I see how much help you bring to the world wide web.If we all follow your guidance then we will be healthier and be wiser for the experience.
peter chapman´s last blog post ..Awesome – The Best Blog in the World!
Great tips on reducing stress. It seems our lives are fast-paced and we’re bombarded with so much “stuff” on a daily basis… creating a lot of overwhelm… learning to let go, relax and reduce stress is so critical to our health and happiness.
Oh… we prefer our hot tub to a bathtub… especially when it’s -30 outside 🙂
~ Pat & Lorna
Pat & Lorna Shanks´s last blog post ..Your Business – What Are You In It For
Comments are closed.