Six Fun and Easy Ways to Get Fit
We all desire that body, the chiseled abs or smooth curves. Depending on what you want; the task can be extremely daunting. Those sinuous curves and shining abs are possible without spending hours in the gym or jogging all around the town. If you are one of the many people who don’t want to, or simply don’t have time to, start a workout schedule; there are several other avenues you can explore.
- Dancing: Go to dance clubs, go to dance-able concerts, do whatever it takes to get to those dancing parties. If you can shake your body to your favorite tunes, not only will you shed pounds but you may find someone rather interesting. Dancing is one of the fastest and more entertaining ways to lose that extra weight!
- Concerts: Rock out to some of your favorite beats in the mosh pit, jump and clap to the songs; and sing your way through the solos. When it comes to concerts the musicians will have their audience doing all sorts of physical activities; if they are good. Just remember to loosen up and jam out. You may also like to play along with an air guitar with your favorite guitar solos!
- Stairs: This is simple. It may not be overly joyous like the previous two; but you will find yourself feeling better about yourself if you skip that lazy-wagon known as the elevator. You can gain tone and fit legs and you will be the envy of all your friends if you keep at it.
- Biking: This is not only amazing for physical health; it also immensely boosts your mental health by giving you time to think things over and relax. It improves breathing and cardio; and it is fun to see the places you can go. Instead of putting those keys in the ignition give that old car a break; and your wallet a break in turn. Dust off that bicycle and ride around to wherever your destination may be!
- Sports: Although not recommended for the faint of heart; sports are by far the easiest way to get fit. Sports that contain constant motion and occasional sprinting, such as soccer and football, have an immense boost to every aspect. You will also have loads of fun beating your friends when you score that goal or winning point of the match!
- Parkour: This is a sport which began in France. The object of the sport is to get from point A to point B as fast as possible. Basically a race. Competitors leap, hurdle, and sprint across great distances and objects that can range from anything to fences, walls, and even shrubbery. This sport is not for the faint of heart and is best to be taken safely. Do not attempt this if you are not agile and quick to response to immediate danger.
Although exercising is a noble cause in itself, remember to exercise for the right reasons. Your motivation to stay fit needs to be one you make to yourself; never change for someone. Be yourself and be healthy because you want to be healthy. Most of all, enjoy yourself along the path to fitness and vitality.
Tim Frisch contributes regularly at PSCLife.com and is a big believer in the idea that exercise and physical fitness does not have to be tormenting to work. PSCLife.com is a leading retailer of Flora Five – a probiotic supplement manufactured using a patented triple-layer technique which ensures that the friendly bacteria survive past the stomach for improved immune system functioning and overall health.