Make Your Own Play Doh
The benefits of play dough are enormous.
Not only does it give children a chance to get creative. It’s a great way for children to have lots of fun. It also can be a way for children to release stress.
Its also a great way to help children to develop small motor skills such as hand, finger muscles. Textured dough also helps children to explore different sensations.
To make textured play dough you will need to first make a batch of play dough. Once this has been made you will then need to divide the mixture into smaller lots.
No Cook play Dough
2 Cups plain flour
1 cup salt
1 tablespoon cooking oil
1 cup cold water
2 drops food colouring
1. Combine plain flour and salt
2. Add water, food colouring and oil. Mix until ingredients are combined.
3. Knead well
4. If consistency is too wet add a little more plain flour.
You will need a small amount of each of the following.
You will need to add a small amount of one of the above to one of your small dough batches.
So you could put sand in one, rice in an other and so on. Or you could put a couple of the textured ingredients in together. I found that by putting in only one texture ingredient to one small amount of dough that my little boy was able to pick a favourite. For him it was the play dough with the added sand.
|Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Suze_Smith|
Here is a great summertime toy to go along with the play doh
Latest posts by Karla Urwitz (see all)
- 3 Important Skills For Kids to Learn Outside of the Classroom - November 29, 2022
- How to Improve Your Lifestyle with Healthy Eating - November 28, 2022
- Tips For Pursuing A Career In Education - November 28, 2022