Well this Memorial Day calls for rain so we have to bring the celebration in the house. I made this sloppy joe recipe recently for a potluck at work and it was a huge hit. So since we won’t be grilling I am planning on making it again. Sloppy Joes can be made a ton of different way but I am no cook so it has to be simple and it can’t get any easier than this! Enjoy!
1 pound lean ground beef (could use ground turkey)
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
3/4 cup ketchup
3 teaspoons brown sugar
salt to taste
ground black pepper to taste
**I added worcestershire sauce for extra flavor***
Brown hamburger, onion, and pepper. Drain when browned. Add the remaining ingredients, heat and serve.
I work in a nursing facitity as a manager and it does have it's perks. Like when dietary is a bit bored they float over to allrecipes and make up a batch of something yummy. These lemon tarts they made were awesome. Make something new this holiday season and try this yummy lemon tart. It won't disappoint.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 7/8 cup butter
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cold water
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar (or granulated sugar, processed to fine texture in a food)
- 2 tablespoons minced lemon zest
- 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Place flour, butter, and confectioners' sugar in food processor; process until mixture resembles bread crumbs. Add egg yolk and 1 to 2 tablespoons cold water, and process until mixture forms a dough. Mold dough into 2 flat shapes, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for 20 minutes.
- Roll out pastry to 1/8 inch thick (3mm), and line a 9- or 10-inch (24 cm) tart pan. Patch any cracks with extra dough and chill the crust in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line pastry with foil, fill the foil with a little raw rice, and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove foil and rice, and continue baking until pastry is a light golden color.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together eggs, superfine sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and cream. Do not over beat. Pour the mixture through a strainer. Place the tart pan on a baking sheet, and carefully pour the lemon mixture into the baked pastry crust
- Bake until the tart is nearly set, about 20 minutes. The filling will be runny in the center, and will set when cool; don't over cook, or cracks will appear. Cool and serve.
Do you have a recipe you would like to share? Did you try this recipe? If so please stop back and let us know your thoughts!