Super Bowl Party Foods
The big game is coming up this weekend so why not have party? In college we would have huge Super Bowl parties and the annual Snow Bowl (the guys would go out and play in the snow). So here are some Super Bowl party food you can serve up at your party this weekend. All are simple and easy to make.
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 3 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2-1/4 cups Hormel Canned Chicken
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 7-1/2 cups tortilla chips
- 8 ounces pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Daisy Brand Sour Cream
- 2 to 3 teaspoons diced pickled jalapeno peppers, optional
- In a large skillet, saute peppers in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; transfer to a small bowl. In the same skillet, saute the beans, garlic, oregano and cumin in remaining oil for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, combine the chicken, lime juice, salt and pepper. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the tortilla chips, pepper mixture, bean mixture, chicken, cheese, onions and cilantro. Repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with sour cream and pickled jalapenos if desired.
1 1/2 pounds Jennie-O ground turkey
1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
For the full directions please check out Allrecipes.com
Here are some simple and already made up products for you that you can simply grab, heat, and open.
- Hormel Party Tray (these are very yummy we had them at Christmas)
- Lloyds Barbecue for quick sandwiches
- Country Crock side dishes
Tell me… what do you have on Super Bowl Sunday?
This post is part of the Hormel Extended Blogger Family.
The following two tabs change content below.
As a full-time career oriented mother of one, I love all things travel. I was in the hospitality business for 15 years and loved it. So why not become a travel agent. So I am trying to find my balance in life through being a parent to a teenager, my love of travel, and living the best life possible. Come join me on this bumpy journey of life.
Latest posts by Karla Urwitz (see all)
- 3 Ways to Enjoy Fish (When You Don’t Like It!) - March 6, 2023
- Tips For Looking After Your Mental Health - March 6, 2023
- Tips for Running a Successful Health and Wellness Business - March 6, 2023