- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 drops Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/3 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the bread crumbs, green pepper, egg white, garlic and hot sauce. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a small nonstick skillet, brown meatballs in oil; drain.
- Combine the sauce ingredients; pour over meatballs. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
Check out Taste of Home for nutritional facts.
Do you have a turkey recipe that isn't traditional? Please let us know your creations.
The following two tabs change content below.
As a full-time career oriented mother of one, I love to chat and write about topics that matter to me in my life. My day has to starts with a cup of joe and usually ends with exhaustion. I have a passion for cross stitching and of course spending time with the kiddo. I am always on the look out for topics to write about like recipes, healthy living, and products I find fascinating.
Latest posts by Karla Bond (see all)
- All Things Chalk Couture - June 21, 2019
- Club Couture Subscription Box- June Exclusive - June 6, 2019
- Turning Your Life Around Can Be Easier Than You Might Think - May 23, 2019