It seems as if people are more overcommitted now than they ever have been and that can easily lead to feeling frazzled or just downright stressed to the max. Although some stress is a good thing it becomes dangerous if it consumes you and you are constantly feeling stressed. Fortunately though, there are some things you can do to help relieve stress and become more relaxed – even if only for a short time.
- Take a Walk. Walking is a great stress reliever because it gets your blood flowing and your body moving. You’ll find that you can clear your head with a bit of exercise. If walking bores you you could always try a new activity such as bouncing on a Needak Rebounder or swimming laps in a pool. Physical activity releases endorphins in your brain which are also known as “feel good” hormones.
- Take a Bath. Submersing your body into a bathtub filled with warm or even hot water is a good way to relax your body and your mind. The heat from the water will help your muscles relax and you’ll feel less tense. This will also help your mind to relax and loosen up a bit. Try lighting candles or listening to music that calms you for added stress relief.
- Get a Massage. Many people tend to think that getting massages is too overindulgent but they’re clearly not. Whether you go to a spa for a massage or get a massage from a friend or loved one you’ll feel much more relaxed during your massage and after it’s over. You could even return the favor by giving a massage which can also help reduce stress levels.
- Go for a Drive. Some people find driving to be a very calming especially if you live outside the city. Driving on the open road listening to your favorite music can put in a happy place and help you get rid of stress. If you don’t have your own vehicle, consider riding your bike or taking a bus ride.
- Get More Sleep. Sleep is our body’s way of recovering and rebuilding in order to prepare us for the following day. If you aren’t getting enough rest you can easily become stressed. Try to get about 8 hours of sleep each night to help you feel refreshed in the morning and ready to face the day.
- Spend Time with Your Pet. Household pets have a way of making us feel better by just having them around. Curl up with your pet and take some time to relax either by just laying with them or you could read or listen to music at the same time.
Life isn’t as simple as it used to be. There are so many stressors that each of us face in our day to day lives but it’s always a good idea to take some time for ourselves. Try to take some time for yourself each day – even if only for 10 minutes – and you’ll see how easy it can be to reduce or even get rid of stress.
Article by http://www.needakusa.com/.
Latest posts by Karla Bond (see all)
- Doing What’s Best For Your Health - December 14, 2018
- Five Amazing Ways that Essential Oils can Improve our Skin - December 12, 2018
- 13 Fun Sensory Play Activities You Can Do at Home - October 30, 2018