No I am not talking about the movie Ratatouille, but wasn't it cute? Anyway, I am all about quick and healthy meals. I don't like to cook but if I have to I want it quick and simple. I get all sorts of magazine and thumbing through one of them I saw this quick ratatouille recipe that I think even I can cook. It fits int the category of quick healthy dinner ideas. So part of my new food friday post here is the recipe.
Quick Healthy Dinner Ideas- Ratatouille
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced 3/4 inch pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 eggplant (approx 1lb) diced 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 red pepper 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes drained
- 2 zucchini 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon chopped thyme
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinced and drained
- 1/4C parsley, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Heat oil in large lidded skillet on medium heat. Add onion and sautee for 5 min. Add garlic, eggplant, and red pepper. Cover and cook for 10 min. Mix in tomatoes, zucchini, and thyme. Cover again and cook for 12 minutes.
Stil in beans, parsley, salt, and pepper. Heat through. Makes 4 servings.
Sever with polenta for a healthy option.
- 229 calories
- 2g fat
- 35g carbs
- 11g of fiber
- 8g protein
Do You have quick healthy dinner ideas or quick healthy breakfast ideas? If you are interested in being featured for new food Friday please contact me.
Latest posts by Karla Bond (see all)
- Are Natural Health Remedies the Best Remedies? - May 22, 2017
- 5 DIY Jobs That Are Great For Burning Calories - May 9, 2017
- 4 Things Migraine Sufferers Want The World To Know - May 9, 2017