Let’s face it. Most of us are extremely busy and don’t have enough time to make a delicious and healthy breakfast before we leap into our chaotic day. You might not have time to make this filling ham and vegetable omelet before you start your day, but do you have time to make it on Sunday night?
Omelets, among many things, are freezable and can be warmed up in the microwave in less than a minute. To cut down on your morning routine, make a few quick healthy breakfast omelets in advance and place them in individual sandwich bags after they have cooled down. Freeze them and put them in the microwave for 60 seconds for a convenient and quick healthy breakfast.
Here are the basics of making a quick healthy breakfast omelet
- Preheat the pan on medium-low heat and add a small amount of butter to avoid sticking
- Whisk together 2 eggs with 2 Tablespoons of milk
- Pour the mixture in the pan and wait for the eggs to set
- Once the bottom has set, lift up each side to allow the remaining liquid to flow underneath and cook.
- Add ingredients and flip in half to serve
My two favorite ingredient combinations are:
- Ham, tomato, green pepper, mozzarella cheese
- Tomato, havarti cheese, basil pesto
Get creative with your ingredients and use up any spare vegetables or meats you may have in your refrigerator.
Lisa is an avid yoga enthusiast who enjoys writing in her spare time for USdish.com – home of usdish.com.
Latest posts by Karla Bond (see all)
- The Best Things You Can Do To Protect Your Body From Ill Health - November 19, 2016
- Healthy Gums, Healthy Body: 4 Pieces Of Advice You Need To Avoid Gum Disease - November 17, 2016
- Healthy Life Changes Don’t Have To Be as Bad as Your Think! - November 14, 2016