It's Chili but not in the way your thinking.. Going through my pantry, which is a feat in itself people, I discovered a can of hormel chili without beans. Now if your asking why would I buy hormel chili without beans, it's because I love chili I just don't love chili beans.
Funny story, when growing up my Mom used to make chili and potato soup. Chili for the guys and potato soup fo rme and her. One year she just made the chili and it had to be the best chili I ever had. Couldn't figure out what made it so different. Then all of a sudden either my brother or my dad said "Where's the beans?" HA now I knew why it was so awesome! We still tease her about that today everytime she makes chili.
Okay back to this recipe. So what to do with a can of chili if you don't just want chili. I found this great enchilada recipe that calls for 4 items. Talk about simple and yummy! Here it is:
- 2 (16 ounce) cans Hormel chili without beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 cups pre-shredded monterey jack cheese
- 10 tortillas
- Prepare a cookie sheet with foil, sprayed with Pam.
- Heat (don't boil) the chili and beans.
- Spoon mixture into tortillas, sprinkle with cheese and roll on a flat surface and place seam side down on prepared cookie sheet.
- Repeat until all shells are filled, placing them side by side on the pan.
- Top with remaining chili mix, spread to coat shells.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake just until cheese is melted.
- Serve with sour cream.
If you try this recipe please stop back and let me know how it turned out. Do you have a great way to use #Hormel chili in a recipe? I would love to hear it!
Halloween is here so anyone going as a can of Hormel Chili or Spam?!? Do share
This post is part of the Hormel Extended Family Blogger Program.