Not much to report this week. I stayed the same weight wise. I have been much better about drinking water and bringing my lunches to work. I went through some recipe books and got some new ideas for hubby to cook this week. I love trying new things.
I had hopes of joining my trainer again for her classes but I honestly don’t think my knees will allow me do it. I can barely walk up steps so I know doing leg work will kill me. I can’t do a squat or a lunge if my life depended upon it. I should really get back to physical therapy again. So I need to call my gym and get a new key fob as I have seem to lost mine. On the days I can’t get to the gym I will dust off the Wii and at least do something. I get a better workout at the gym but something is better than nothing right?
Hope you all have a super week. Enjoy the recipe.
Roasted Butternut Squash and Shallot Soup
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 2/3 cup soup and 1 teaspoon chives)
- 4 cups (1-inch) cubed peeled butternut squash (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 large shallots, peeled and halved
- 1 (1/2-inch) piece peeled fresh ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons (1-inch) slices fresh chives
- Cracked black pepper (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Combine first 5 ingredients in a roasting pan or jelly-roll pan; toss well. Bake at 375° for 50 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Cool 10 minutes.
3. Place half of squash mixture and half of broth in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. Pour into a large saucepan. Repeat procedure with remaining squash mixture and broth. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Top with chives and pepper, if desired.
- 112 (20% from fat)
- 2.5g (sat 0.4g,mono 1.7g,poly 0.3g)
Latest posts by Karla Bond (see all)
- Have You Suffered An Injury While Working? - December 21, 2018
- Self-Care & Healthy Living Ideas for A Better Life - December 19, 2018
- Taking Care of Yourself When You’re Feeling Blue - December 17, 2018